Updated as of September 10, 2021
We are excited to be holding the upcoming Geo-Extreme Conference in-person this November in Savannah, GA.
We are also sensitive to the changing environment with respect to COVID-19 and are dedicated to hosting an event that has the best interests of our guests front of mind. ASCE is committed to holding an event where everyone feels safe. To accomplish this, we have updated our Geo-Extreme Conference attendee policy concerning COVID-19, which can be found below.
Keeping You Safe
- Please stay with us for up-to-the-minute information on Geo-Extreme. Registration for the event is now open and we look forward to seeing you there. You can review Hyatt Regency Savannah COVID-19 protocols and practices here for more information. To mitigate the risk of spread, all participants will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19*. The only exemption to this policy will be religious or medical reasons.
- All individuals claiming a religious or medical exemption must provide documentation of a negative PCR or antigen test taken 72 hours prior to arrival. Attendees who do not comply with this requirement and provide documentation will not be admitted.
- ASCE will be partnering with third-party vendor to validate that each participant has filed the appropriate documentation to attend.
- Masks will be required at all times during the event, except during meal service. Masks must be well-fitting and properly positioned to cover both the nose and the mouth.
- Attendees are encouraged to practice social distancing and limit physical contract such as hand shaking or hugging to maintain a safe environment.
*To be considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 means that you have cleared the two-week waiting period after receiving your vaccine (or second dose of a two-dose vaccine). This means you will need to have your last vaccine administered no later than October 24.
On-Site COVID Clinic
The Geo-Institute has engaged the services of InHouse Physicians (iHP) to staff an on-site COVID Clinic during the conference. The COVID Clinic personnel will be available to assist attendees who may feel ill during their time at the conference. The clinic personnel will also perform daily status checks of all attendees’ ability to participate in each day's events.
Attendees will have to complete a daily health questionnaire and receive a "Cleared for Entry" status that must be confirmed by clinic personnel each day before participating in events. Just show your green thumbs up status on your smartphone, and you will receive a sticker indicating you are cleared to participate in the day's events.
To mitigate the risk of spread, all participants will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19. The only
exemption to this policy will be religious or medical reasons. All claiming a religious or medical exemption must provide documentation of a negative PCR or antigen test taken 72 hours prior to arrival. Attendees who do not comply with this requirement and provide documentation will not be admitted.
Follow this link to pre-register your vaccination status and upload an image of your vaccination card:
Verification Record Upload FAQs: