Geo-Extreme 2021 strives to achieve the following objectives:
- To share the lessons learned from the impact of recent extreme events on the performance of infrastructure and geo-structures (e.g., embankments, dams, levees, slopes, walls, foundations, pavements, tunnels, landfills, earth retaining systems, foundations).
- To share current and potential future applications of extreme value analysis and climate modeling in geotechnical practice and design.
- To share the latest research advances on how the rate and variability of a changing climate affect recurrence intervals and severity of climatic extremes.
- To share recent advances regarding soil behavior under climate extremes.
- To share recent advances, challenges, and areas of future research regarding the effects of individual and compound climate extremes and natural hazards on the short-term and long-term behavior of infrastructure and geo-structures.
- To highlight the use of risk in the proposal and design phases of projects to allow stakeholders to understand the potential impact of climate extremes on infrastructure and geo-structures.
Top Reasons to Attend
- Learn from top leaders in the industry through special plenary sessions, short courses, panels, and technical sessions.
- Network with colleagues from around the block—and around the world.
- Visit exhibitors to find the latest tools, techniques, e-programs, and more.
Convince Your Boss
As a civil engineering professional, you know you can find the latest information, innovations, and technologies when you attend ASCE conferences. You also know that to be competitive, you must constantly fine-tune your skills, find new ways to cut costs, streamline processes, and drive change.
- Program: Identify specific courses that are beneficial to your company and calculate the PDHs you can earn toward maintaining your license.
- Expenses: Register as early as possible to take advantage of early bird prices and book your accommodations through our room block to maximize savings and enhance your networking experience.
- Share: Demonstrate what you have learned by sharing with your colleagues in a post-conference presentation.
- Request Letter: Download and customize this template (DOCX) to request approval for your attendance.